We’ve teamed up with some of the biggest names in the Bristol music industry Team Love, Who Cares? and Pirate Studios to make this year’s Home-Grown Heat the strongest yet.
We are on the look-out for 10 artists on the rise who are creating original underground music and ready to take it to the next level. Successful applicants will benefit from a bespoke package of mentorship with support and guidance from industry professionals.
Home-Grown Heat is our artist development scheme for unsigned musicians in Bristol. Through the support and guidance from industry professionals, acts will be equipped with the required tools to connect with the world of music business and progress in their careers.
What will I get from this?
You will receive:
- 3x full day studio sessions at Pirate Studios
- Pairing with a professional producer through Who Cares?
- Live performance opportunities and rehearsal sessions supported by Team Love
- Press shots, written biography and artwork
- A place on the Songwriting & Recording development week
- A place on the Music Business & Marketing development week
- A place on the Live Industry & Performance development week
What do I need to do?
You will need to demonstrate that you:
- Are already creating original, new music of a modern genre
- Have a live performance element to your music which can be translated to the stage
- Be open-minded to collaboration and willing to take on constructive feedback
- Be aged 18-25, based in Bristol and have been a UK resident for the last 3 years
- Possess a dedicated, responsible and serious attitude towards your professional and personal development
- Be both committed and flexible to development work plans and timescales
- Be punctual and generally available for 3x weeks between October 2019 – April 2020 (final dates tbc)
What you can expect from us:
- Respectful, supportive and professional working environment
- Personable, fun and productive mentoring approach
- Paid performance opportunities at professional venues
- Industry quality facilities and safe service
- Promotion and advocacy through Bristol Music Trust, Pirate Studios, Team Love and Who Cares? communication channels
- Ongoing Alumni relationship after the project’s year long duration
We welcome applications from acts aged 18-25 from all backgrounds.
Closing date for applications: 18th September 2019.
Shortlisting will take place with applicants being contacted with decisions by Friday 20th September 2019.
Informal interviews will take place on 27th September 2019.